The Community Service Program at 4 Paws 4 Life Rescue is available for individuals who are required to complete court-ordered community service hours. Due to limited time and training, Community Service volunteers will not have direct animal contact while working at our facility. Community Service tasks will include, but are not limited to: kennel cleaning, laundry, dishes, floors and other related tasks. If you have any physical limitations or health concerns, please let us know in advance in your application, so that we can assess if we have tasks that accommodate your needs.
Please note that 4 Paws 4 Life Rescue reserves the right to refuse a Community Service volunteer at any time for any reason.
Please read the requirements, guidelines and next steps below to get started with the Community Service Program.
• All Community Service volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
• We CANNOT accept Community Service volunteers with the following charges, either current or past: felonies, violence/assault or animal cruelty.
• We are not able to accept Community Service volunteers with less than 20 hours.
• You will be required to submit and pay for a background check before being accepted into the program. The fee is $19.00 (non-refundable).
• All shifts need to be scheduled ahead of time. We have shifts seven days per week: 7:00 am – 10:00 am and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
• All shifts are a minimum of 3 hours.
• Community Service volunteers will not handle animals.
1. Complete the application here. If you qualify for the program, you will be sent an email with a link to pay for and fill out a background check. If you do not qualify for the program, you will be notified.
2. Fill out and pay for a background check ($19.00 – non-refundable).
3. If you are eligible based on your background check, you will be invited to attend orientation and training. You’ll be required to sign a volunteer waiver.
4. Complete hours. Once you have completed all required hours, our facility manager will fill out your time sheet and get it back to you and/or your case manager, depending on the requirements of the court.
If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.