Employment with 4 Paws 4 Life Rescue is fun, rewarding, and always a different experience from day to day. See the job openings we have available on this page.
4 Paws 4 Life Rescue & Boarding is a Colorado-based animal rescue that works with like-minded organizations to rescue dogs and cats from high-kill shelters. We’ve rescued over 12,000 pets since 2012 and we need your help to continue our life-saving work in Sedalia. Employment with 4P4L saves lives.
Our team is made up of both volunteers and employees who share a common goal to provide the best care possible until we find loving homes for the dogs and cats in our care. We give them medical attention, shelter, love and help them find the best forever homes we can when they’re ready for adoption. As a kennel assistant, you play an integral part in ensuring the care and comfort of these animals. You’ll also experience the joy and fulfillment of saying goodbye as they are united with their new forever families.
In return for your drive and commitment to be the best kennel attendant you can be, we offer perks!
- Part-Time hours between 10+ hours weekly and Full-Time hours 30+ hours
- Flexible schedules that allow you to request your preferred shifts
- 50% employee discount for boarding services (subject to availability)
- Sick Pay
- Pay rise after 3 months (based on a successful review)
- Annual Pay Increase
- Opportunity for advancement
- Indoor/Outdoor work environment, with phenomenal views off the beaten track.
To be seriously considered for this role, please read through the following requirements to ensure we are a good fit.
- Characteristics: You’re passionate about taking care of animals and are able to follow instructions carefully to meet their many needs. Our furry friends anxiously await us every morning, so punctuality is a must. Flexibility is necessary because every day presents new challenges.
- Skills: Your outstanding physical fitness allows you to bend, squat, reach, lift, pull and push items of up to 50 lbs. You’re comfortable handling cats and dogs of all sizes, even those with behavioral issues.
- Experience: We will train anyone with a strong passion for animal rescue and a desire to be part of our team.
As a kennel assistant, your passion for animals motivates you to do your best every day. Feeding and watering, providing the dogs with yard time and cleaning kennel enclosures for maximum comfort and hygiene while following strict cleaning guidelines gives you great satisfaction.
A shift generally has 3 – 5 people + volunteers, so it’s a great opportunity to develop your interpersonal skills working with a variety of personalities. At times, you’ll be assigned tasks that require you to work alone, therefore you should also enjoy working independently.
Working with 4 Paws 4 Life in Sedalia can help you develop and expand your skills in animal care and rescue. This can provide many future opportunities within our organization or prepare you for opportunities within the industry of animal care. We look forward to receiving your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour P/T – $18.00 per hour F/T
To be determined.