Employment with 4 Paws 4 Life Rescue is fun, rewarding, and always a different experience from day to day. See the job openings we have available on this page.
Located in Sedalia, Colorado – $12-$14 per hour / Part-time and Full-time positions available.
We are in need of animal caregivers flexible to work mornings and afternoons, any day of the week at our kennel facility. General duties of this job opportunity include keeping kennels clean and sanitized; feeding and medicating animals as required, walking dogs and other related duties.
Requirements to Become an Animal Caregiver
• Must be able and willing to work morning and afternoon shifts, any day of the week. The shifts are 7-11am and 2-6pm.
• Previous experience performing animal care activities is an asset however we will train.
• Confident in handling animals.
• Be a compassionate and patient person.
• Work well on your own and in a team.
• Have strong attention to detail.
• Ability to perform physical tasks that include but are not limited to climbing, bending, stooping,
kneeling, twisting, reaching, crawling, holding and lifting.
• Be reliable and punctual at all times.
• Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle will be considered an asset.
Duties of an Animal Caregiver:
• Clean out kennels and runs to maintain a high level of sanitary standards.
• Following cleaning, feeding and watering protocols to maintain the health of the animals.
• Responsible for ensuring the checklist items are done on a daily basis as assigned.
• Administer prescribed medications, where necessary.
• Exercise dogs in a yard and/or take them for walks.
• Communicating any observed animal health and/or behavioral changes to the Manager. (i.e. energy levels, eating patterns, ensuring the animal has a regular and healthy elimination.)
• Be compassionate and patient with all animals in our care.
• Wash dishes related to the animals after each feeding.
• Laundry duties related (i.e. washing dog towels and blankets).
• Maintaining animal/cleaning supplies inventory by notifying management to replenish stock with
• Other related duties as requested.
• Graduation from a high school or the equivalent (GED) is preferred.
To schedule a working interview, please go to https://signup.com/go/vQYfzfn. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. We thank everyone for their interest however only qualified candidates will be contacted.