Thank you for choosing 4 Paws 4 Life Rescue & Boarding to adopt a rescue pet! Adoption fees vary depending on age and breed of our cats and dogs. Fees include vaccines up until time of adoption, microchip, spay/neuter and 1st 30 days of free Pet insurance from a third party vendor. Potential adopters must complete an online adoption application to be considered as an adopter with 4P4L. Approval as an adopter does not guarantee an adoption or a hold of a particular pet. Online pre-adoptions are encouraged to ensure you get the dog of your choice. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee online adoptions when processed during the hours of an adoption event.
If you are planning to attend an adoption event, please follow these steps:
- We suggest you arrive about 30 minutes before the event if you have a particular dog/cat in mind.
- On arrival, add your name to the ‘Sign in sheet’.
- Using your smart phone or one of our tablets, complete the adoption application (if you’ve not already done so prior to your arrival).
- When your name is called, you can visit the available dogs. You must complete the application prior to visiting the available dogs.
- An event volunteer will review your application with you.
- When an approved adopter wishes to finalize an adoption at our events, the adoption fee may be processed using your choice of cash, credit or debit.
If you are applying online for pre-adoption, please follow these steps:
- Complete the adoption application.
- Within 72 hours of receiving the completed form, our Adoption Coordinator will communicate with you to confirm the status of your application and begin the adoption process.
- When an approved adopter wishes to finalize an adoption online, they must complete the adoption fee donation. (For pre-adoptions processed online, we accept credit and debit cards.)
- The Adoption Coordinator will then be in touch with pickup instructions.
If you have questions regarding online adoptions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.